10 December 2008

Eight weeks later

Today marks eight weeks since my hip surgery, and I think I can safely declare it a total success. Despite a little remaining muscle weakness, I can walk quite normally; and except for occasional residual soreness, there is no pain at all. It has been over a year since I could really say either of those things.

One person who remembers how I used to walk describes this as "like a miracle", and I'm inclined to agree, but with an important caveat. What gave me my life back was technology, and human knowledge and skill. No prayers, crystals, faith healing, or any such superstitions were involved, nor would they have done me the slightest good. Like all miracles that actually happen, this one was 100% human-made.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

That's good.

You Bionic Man, you...

10 December, 2008 13:43  
Blogger Prash said...

glad to know you are getting better...

you say 100 % human-made, but humans are made by God! ...hahahaha (joke!)

--
atheist prash !

10 December, 2008 16:16  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks!

10 December, 2008 16:37  
Blogger mendip said...

Congrats!

11 December, 2008 13:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home